Re-Feminist History - badass women in history

Saturday, April 9, 2022

I would like to change my “returns” policy.

As a professional astrologer, I do try to keep things mostly positive, because I am secretly an optimist. I believe that good things can (and do) come out of even the most horrible life events. But as we all know, life is sometimes just not positive.
 
Sure, every 12 years we get a Jupiter return, and our confidence can be enhanced. But around 30, we get the much touted "Saturn Return". Closer to 40ish we get the "Saturn opposition" and the "Uranus opposition" (the "mid life crisis" transit). Also in our 40's we get a Pluto square and Neptune square. All of those are challenging. But if you're doing it right, you learn a lot about yourself. Until you are just about sick of learning about yourself.

Then just as you're approaching 50 and you think "I'm a badass bitch and look at everything I've been through and how wise I am now. My children are older and I can focus on myself a little bit. My life is pretty stable, at least compared to my 30's and 40's. I think I've got this! I'm gonna cruise into my pre-retirement years like a boss and finally take better care of my skin".
 
And then one day you find yourself eating a pie in your bed and crying while you watch comedy on Netflix. And after you scrape your contact lenses out of your eyes, you look to your chart to see what in the actual fuck is happening and there it is...Chiron. That wounded centaur bastard has made a visit to his natal placement to remind you of your wounds so you can heal them. And voila...you're having a Chiron return.
 
And by "you", I mean ME. ME. I am you. It is happening to me. I am eating tear seasoned bed pie. And I just dropped my fork and it has cat hair on it and whyyyyyyy??!!!

Not the most optimistic transit. Probably requires pie.
 
I am sick of "returns". Nope, thanks guys, I'm good. You can just stay away. No need to visit. I'm closed. Bye. Go on Sabbatical or hiatus or vacation or something. Just skip me, it's fine. Really. No need to return. I probably understood it the first time.
 
Sigh. Nope. The centaur just handed me a napkin and a clean fork for my pie...